Wednesday, May 1, 2013

New Second body


As a senior, I am no longer a part of the standard Buckley student club. A senior is something entirely different; from the first time we walked on campus wearing jeans on a Monday to college t-shirt day, seniors stand out. However it is not obvious at first. It is not until second semester that reality hits, and a senior begins to feel that he no longer belongs. Meursault goes though similar feelings in The Stranger. When he enters the courtroom he is confused as to why everyone is staring at him: “ I noticed then that everyone was waving and exchanging greetings and talking, as if they were in a club where people are glad to find themselves among others from the same world. That is how I explained to myself the strange impression I had of being odd man out, a kind of intruder” (91). Like Meursault, I too have become the odd man out. I find myself watching other high school students studying for tests and rushing to class just as I used to, and I feel separate, in a league of my own. 


No comments:

Post a Comment